Irish Soda Bread
Ingredients4 cups Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. double-acting baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
6 tbsp. cold butter
1 ½ cups raisins
1 ½ cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease or spray a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour and next 4 ingredients, cut butter into mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in raisins.
- In small bowl with fork beat eggs slightly, reserve 1 tablespoon. Stir buttermilk into egg mixture; stir into flour just until moist. Dough will be sticky.
- Turn onto a well-floured surface. Knead about 10 strokes to mix thoroughly. Shape into a 8 - 9” round circle; place on cookie sheet. In center of ball cut 4 inches across and a ¼” deep. Brush reserved egg on top.
- Bake about 70 - 80 minutes. Cool on rack 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on rack.
- Serving Suggestion: Best served warm with butter and jam. Yum!