Luscious Lemon Cake
Ingredients1 package Namaste Foods Vanilla Cake Mix
½ cup oil
1½ cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Using a lemon zester or peeler, peel the lemons (just the exterior, not the white pith) and chop fine. Juice the lemons and divide the juice into two equal portions. Take one portion of the lemon juice and add water to make 1 cup total. Mix the cake batter using the eggs, oil, the chopped lemon peel and the lemon water.
- Pour into pan and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes.
- While the cake cools, stir together the remaining lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Poke holes all over the cake with a fork and pour the lemon glaze all over the top of the cake.
- Use fresh oranges (approximately 3) in place of lemons for a lovely orange cake variation.